Loan Calculator Information
calculator will allow you to figure out your boat payment
on different loan amounts, interest rates, taxes, and insurance.
5 Step Process:
1) Enter the amount of the loan you will need.
2) Enter the current interest rate for the loan.
3) Enter the number of years the loan will be financed.
4) Enter the sales tax rate for your state.
5) Enter the amount of the boat insurance policy.
Downpayments are usually between 10% and 20%.
Fixed rate loan terms are often 10, 15 or 20 years.
Boat Loan Calculator
Use this calculator to help you determine your monthly boat loan payment or your boat purchase price. After you have entered your current information, use the graph options to see how different loan terms or down payments can impact your monthly payment. You can also examine your complete amortization schedule by clicking on the "View Report" button.
- Monthly payment
- Monthly payment for your boat financing.
- Total purchase price (before tax)
- This is the total cost of your boat purchase. Include the cost of the vehicle, any additional options and any destination charges. Don't include sales tax in this amount. Sales tax will be calculated for you and included in your total after tax price.
- Term in months
- Number of months for this loan.
- Interest rate
- Annual interest rate for this loan.
- Cash down
- Total amount of cash used in this purchase. The larger your cash down payment the smaller the loan you will need to finance this purchase.
- Trade allowance
- The total amount that you are given for any boatmobile that you trade-in as part of this purchase. In some states a trade-in can also reduce the amount of sales tax you will owe. See the definition for "Sales tax deduction for trade-in" for more information on trade-in vehicles and sales tax.
- Amount owed on trade
- Total loan balance still outstanding on the trade-in.
- Non-taxable fees (optional)
- Any additional fee that is not subject to sales tax. This usually includes document fees or any other fees that may be due at delivery and are not taxable.
- Taxable fees (optional)
- Any additional fee that is subject to sales tax. This usually includes title transfer fees or any other fees that may be due at delivery and are taxable.
- Sales tax rate
- Sales tax percentage rate charged on this purchase.
- No sales tax deduction for trade-in
- If you live in a state where your sales tax is calculated on your full purchase price, check this box. If this box is unchecked, sales tax is calculated on the purchase price less trade in. Currently California, the District of
Columbia, Hawaii, Maryland, and Michigan allow no deductions for trade-ins when calculating sales tax. In addition, Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire, and Oregon have no sales tax on boats.